h Club is committed to the environment, constantly seeking to improve business practices and regularly reviewing its impact across all areas of the business.
Every year the Club hosts its annual Sustainability Week, featuring workshops, panelled debates and exclusive screenings. Watch this short film made during Sustainability Week 2015 to learn more.
Sustainability at The Hospital Club
In 2013 the Club produced the inaugural Sustainability Week in partnership with internationally recognised and trusted sustainability certification programme, The Planet Mark™, and Guy Battle of Sustainable Business Services. The popularity of this annual week of events – highlighting the issues affecting sustainability in the creative industries and offering an insight into what actions can be taken by individuals to minimise their environmental impact – is a testament to the significant role the creative industries has to play in tackling issues around global sustainability.
The Hospital Club is committed to the environment, constantly seeking to improve business practices and regularly reviewing its impact across all areas of the business.
• As well as receiving 3 stars from the prestigious Sustainable Restaurant Association, the Club menus are changed on a monthly basis to ensure that produce is served at its seasonal best
• A commitment to responsible and sustainable sourcing of seafood is demonstrated by the Club’s procurement according to seasonality, regularly referring to the MCS Fish To Avoid and Fish To Eat lists
• The TV Studio has implemented a policy to significantly reduce the volume of plastic bottles consumed per show by encouraging the refilling of original bottles
• All paper towels have been removed from bathroom facilities in favour of eco-efficient hand-dryers
• In spring 2017 we removed all plastic straws from our business, and replaced them with paper straws.
• All light fixtures throughout the Club’s 60,000 square feet have been replaced with long-life energy saving-light bulbs
• The Club’s waste disposal is BREEAM compliant
• As in the rest of The Hospital Club, the bedrooms have been designed by the Russell Sage Studio, renowned for their sustainable approach towards interiors. 95%+ of the decorative items used throughout the rooms have been reclaimed from vintage markets, the decorative leather panels on the bedroom doors are made using reclaimed vintage belts and all armchairs and some of the floor, wall & table lights are also vintage